Sunday, June 22, 2008

Veg out

Some new of my favorite vegetarian eateries for when I get sick of eating the same sandwich everyday.

Kaldi's
- I'm sure most of you have heard this name, and with good reason. Kaldis is a small coffee coffee chain in St. Louis with completely vegetarian menu. They serve quiche, smoothies, salads, etc. People usually look at me like I'm crazy when I mention that my favorite breakfast is a bacon (sans bacon now) and egg taco with a healthy dose of salsa. Try Kaldi's breakfast burrito and you might understand, but you will have to eat one from Las Palapas in San Antonio, Texas to really get it. Kaldi's has several locations including the DeMun neighborhood, Chesterfield, Kirkwood, Columbia, Springfeld, and downtown Clayton. 7am-11pm daily (Sunday open till 9)

OR Juice & Smoothie - This place has awesome smoothies and healthy non-fried spring rolls and tofu wraps. They cater to vegans too. They seem to be pretty serious about the organic pledge, you aren't even supposed to use your cell phone next to the food. (right...) It's nice to have a place that substitutes some protein full tofu for meat instead of just veggies all the time. If you mention an ailment to them, such as "I'm feeling tired and restless at work" they will suggest something for you to eat. I don't know how much I buy into it, but their food is delicious. They are located in the Schnucks shopping center on Clayton and Big Bend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to food blogging! We've got a warm community of food bloggers right here in St. Louis. E-mail me, please, will you? ak AT kitchen hyphen parade dot com.