Monday, January 14, 2008

Eggs as Nature intended

So I went to Colorado over my winter break and my brother brought us two kinds of eggs, the best eggs according to him that he could find at his grocery store (right) and eggs from his chickens on the farm he lives on. It's part of his job to let the chickens out at the crack of dawn and back in the evening. The color difference remarkable but the real litmus test is the taste. I personally could taste a difference, but I didn't have a preference. This might be because I was sick, or because I am so used to eating eggs from chickens that aren't getting the proper treatment. My dad and brother said the farm eggs were better. I suggest taste testing for yourself sometime. I really like the eggs I have bought at the Soulard farmer's market, which I assume are from local family farms.

No comments: